Business Solutions Manager - Digital & Collaboration
Business Solution Managers work with business stakeholders to understand their needs, prioritize capabilities, create the solution vision and roadmap, define requirements, and guide work through the program backlog. Solution Managers are the internal voice of the customer for the Portfolio and works with customers (as well as Analysts) to constantly understand and communicate their needs and participate in the validation of the proposed solutions.
- Understand customer needs and validate solutions.
- Understand and support portfolio work understanding how Strategic Themes influence the strategic direction.
- Develop and communicate the program vision and roadmap while also defining the features of the system.
- In collaboration with Solution Architects, define and maintain the Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs) to help ensure that the solution meets relevant standards and system requirements.
- Manage and prioritize the flow of work within the backlog
- Participate in planning Present the vision, highlight the proposed features of the solution, along with relevant Milestones.
- Participate as Business Owners for the program, with the responsibility of approving Program Objectives and establishing business value.
- Define releases and program increments release definition as well, including new features, architecture, and allocations for technical debt.
- Work with System Architects/Engineering to understand technical dependencies and the scope of technical work required to support a solution. Will work with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality, typically done by establishing a capacity allocation.
- Participate in solution demos, including the assessment of Metrics, evaluation of business value achieved versus plan, and are active participants in the inspect and adapt workshop.
- Build an effective analyst team Solution Managers are responsible for forming an effective extended Analyst team
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 8+ years equivalent work experience in supply chain management is required
- Agile training & certification a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- 8+ years direct experience managing applications and/or systems from overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of customer portals, web applications, mobile applications, Sharepoint solutions and/or SFDC Communities
- 5+ years direct experience leading and growing technology teams
- 5+ years Technology experience of Enterprise Applications (SFDC, Sharepoint, Tableau)
- 5+ years Portfolio, Program management experience
- Proven experience in Python, PHP, Java, SQL & CSS
- Working knowledge of Infor M3, Lawson M3, Oracle Transportation Management System (OTM), a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel on average 25% of the time, with the ability to travel up to 50% during busy times.