PHP Web Application Developer (Laravel/MVC)
Happy Cog is looking for a full-time PHP Web Developer to join our team immediately.
Our development projects are typically built on PHP and are often Laravel, Craft, or ExpressionEngine-based. You don’t need to know those to join our team, as long as you’re experienced with another modern framework (such as CakePHP, Zend, or another MVC- or SOA-oriented system). Given the range of work you’ll be doing you’ll never get bored. We need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work.
You’ll be a member of our development team, working closely with our other fantastic front-end and backend developers during every phase of your projects. You’ll also be communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
You’ll be working on 2-3 projects at any time; typically one large application and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh. And you’ll work on the perfect development system: a huge monitor and a new computer of your choice.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Implementing and improving websites built on PHP/MySQL-based CMSes and frameworks.
- Working with CSS/HTML layouts and templates. You don’t need to be a designer.
- Working closely with our front-end development team on site projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Building internal products and tools
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, project managers, and the occasional four-legged office pet.
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless/Maple accounts.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
- Perks and discounts from many stores and services-- cell phone bills, hotels, rental cars, gyms, etc...
If you’re interested please apply as soon as possible, attention Ben Smith. Examples of your real-world work are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.