Wayfair is a leader in the eCommerce space for all things for the home (couches, end tables, lamps, and literally 8+ million other items). However, we still have that start-up feel within engineering. Our engineers are building highly interactive web tools to support our extensive 12+ million item Product Catalog. We're helping to creating the most compelling customer experience anywhere on the web.
We're looking for growth-minded, energetic people who enjoy innovation and thrive on complexity and scale. For these teams, we are looking for strong object-oriented design skills. Engineers are truly full stack, building out full-featured, highly interactive web experiences for our end users as well as distributed backend systems capable of handling millions of changes daily. We have a massive amount of data under all of this so SQL skills and an analytic mindset are important as well.
We don't care what language you grew up with...we have a wide array of technologies here. OO skills are great; functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well.
What You'll Do:
- Managing projects that span multiple sprint lines including project planning, resource allocation, team building
- Globalizing our catalog to allow product content to be translated into a number of different languages as we expand our offerings abroad (PHP / SQL)
- Building out a best in class web portal for our suppliers to add to their product selection and improve the quality of the product data we capture (PHP / JS / SQL / C#.NET)
- Leveraging our extensive 3D model library to produce compelling, lifelike imagery to ensure our customers can visualize our top products in their homes (Python / 3DS MAXScript)
- Building a pricing engine capable of delivering millions of price changes to site in under an hour to help the business stay agile at scale (C# / F# / SQL)
Who you are:
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 6+ years of equivalent industry experience
- You have exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing technical solutions to complex problems
- You have experience designing solutions for scale
- You have experience in Object Oriented programming (PHP or .NET preferred)
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- You've got a sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- You work cross-functionally with different business units