Sr. Systems Engineer - REMOTE - US Only
Dynatron Software is a growing technology company that develops and hosts Analytic and Marketing solutions for the automotive service industry. Using Scrum and Kanban methodologies, our Technology team is a tight-knit group that works together to ensure successful Product Development, as well as smooth Internal Operations. While our product development teams work hard at delivering next gen solutions for our customers, we need help developing applications and systems we use internally that will scale as we grow. Additionally, we need help caring for the existing platform and systems as we work through the transformation. We’re looking for an experienced system engineer with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing day-to-day tasks while at the same time leading strategic goals, projects and initiatives to join our team.
In this role, you’ll have a chance to contribute to projects that are critical to the success of the company, mentor teammates in your areas of expertise and help raise Dynatron internal systems to the next level The following describes the responsibilities you’d have:
- Participate as a team member on the Corporate Application development scrum team; committing and working each sprint to meet goals that will either support our product development teams or advance our internal systems.
- Develop tools and scripts that advance internal Dynatron applications and systems
- Contribute on development solutions for Sugar CRM, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Confluence
- Responsible for systems implementation such as Sugar CRM and Atlassian tools; Ensure internal systems are upgraded as needed;
- Participate as a team member on the IT Support Kanban team;
- Learn about our internal systems and evaluate where you can apply your expertise
- Provide technical support for internal applications that are used by Dynatron internal users;
- Troubleshooting and problem mitigation/resolution for internal Dynatron systems.
- Provide and mentor teammates that will provide Tier I/II/II support;
- Effectively transition issues into the lower tiers by identifying and developing automation, transferring knowledge and participating in regular operational review sessions
- Support new product releases, assist with product development initiatives and product upgrades.
- Effectively prioritize and manage work to advance highest priority initiatives rapidly
- Help maintain internal system documentation
- Help maintain inventory of internal systems and asset configuration; ensure all internal software is properly licensed and up-to-date
- Help manage internal employee environment which consists of multiple branch offices on a site-to-site VPN network utilizing many Windows AD and DNS type services
- Provide after hours support for network or system emergencies as well as occasional scheduled maintenance which will occur on the evenings or weekends
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
To be successful in this role, the following experience is recommended:
- 5+ years as a Linux Systems Administrator or Engineer
- 5+ years experience with Atlassian tools
- 3+ years managing and administering virtualized machines
- 3+ years experience with PHP using Laravel framework
- 3+ years experience with MySQL preferred, Postgres a bonus
- 3+ years as a Windows Systems Administrator or Engineer (Active Directory style networks)
- Bonus if you have advanced networking experience including Firewalls, Cisco layer 2/3, VLANs, ACLs, LACP
- Bonus if you have experience with Debian Linux, KVM and OpenNebula virtualization stacks
- Bonus if you have experience troubleshooting KVM, TCP/IP, VLAN, LACP systems and performance
- Proficient in at least one scripting language, Python and Bash preferred
- Comfortable working with team members that are remote