Senior Drupal Developer (Full-time Freelance)
TVGla is a digital marketing agency that connects people and brands moving at the speed of culture. It channels emerging innovations and ideas across categories, technologies and platforms to create consumer centered experiences that are infectiously social. TVGla fuels participation through its expertise in entertainment and play to unlock creativity, self-expression and sharing. Clients include Sony Pictures Television, Universal Pictures, Gruppo Campari, Hard Rock Café, HBO, Mattel, Dreamworks Animation and more. For more visit www.tvgla.com!
TVGla is currently seeking a Contract Drupal Senior Developer. This position is Full-time On-site Freelance.
As a Drupal Senior Developer, you will be part of a development team as they migrate an existing website from another CMS into Drupal. You must be team-focused, with very strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work equally well with developers, project managers, designers and clients. This will be a project-based, on-site freelance engagement of at least 9 months in Playa Vista, California. You must have your own laptop or computer, but peripherals such as monitors and keyboards will be supplied.
- Assist the Drupal Architect with creation, writing, and internal reviews of both a content strategy and application architecture for the Drupal replatforming of an existing high traffic website for a high profile entertainment client.
- Work with client's internal technology team to help the team develop coding standards and best practices for this project that are in line with the client's needs and industry best practices.
- Work with a team of 3-5 developers and a QA Analyst. Team members including you will help with the Drupal CMS front-end development, back-end development, integration, migration, testing and deployment of the website.
- Participate in both formal and informal code reviews to ensure that the team is consistently on track with coding standards, architecture plans and functional needs.
- Help plan and implement robust development, staging and production deployment strategies to ensure the simplest and safest deployments of both CMS and codebase updates.
- Help define and implement security strategies to handle application security, PII, data encryption and to eliminate OWASP-defined security risks.
- Help develop and execute unit tests, integration tests and load tests as needed to ensure a very solid, stable and performant application.
- Help develop and implement a data migration strategy that will make content migration as efficient and complete as possible.
- Help assess and potentially migrate or integrate with an existing API for certain dynamic portions of the site. The existing API is built with PHP 5, Laravel 2, MySQL 5 and Redis, so experience with these technologies is a large plus.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- At least 2 years of solid experience focusing primarily on Drupal CMS architecture and development with both Drupal 7 and Drupal 8
- At least 2 years of experience working with a team of at least 2 other developers on large, complex Drupal sites
- Very strong experience with all aspects of Drupal development, including:
- Drupal configuration and setup
- Development of Drupal content types, fields, blocks, regions, views, themes, templates, modules and other Drupal elements
- Creation of user registration, login and profile management areas
- Creation of complex forms and user flows
- Integration with both internal and third party APIs
- Integration with Drupal plugins and modules
- Usage of drush to automate or simplify Drupal site management
- Very strong experience with build and compiler tools such as SASS/LESS, gulp, grunt, npm and similar
- Experience with Laravel and Redis are a major plus
- Very strong experience using Git for source control, including extensive experience with branching, merging and pull requests
- Strong understanding of OWASP application security risks and how to eliminate them for web applications in general and for Drupal applications specifically
- Strong understanding of multiple levels of caching, including Drupal caching, Redis caching, S3, CDNs and similar
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a similar field highly preferred
Company DescriptionTVGla, tvgla.com, (The Visionaire Group) is a digital creative and marketing agency on the cutting edge of online creative and technological development. We concept, build and design digital advertising campaigns, websites and apps for clients such as Fox, Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures, Paramount, Mattel, HBO and Hard Rock Cafe. Learn more @ www.tvgla.com!