Senior Software Engineer
Orlandos fastest growing payment technology company!
Fattmerchant is a flat-rate payment technology company providing innovative technology to streamline businesses and simplify payments with unlimited processing and no contract. With a full line of solutions for any business type, businesses are empowered to pick a plan that works best for their needs. True transparency. No strings attached.
Fattmerchant is committed to exceeding expectations with the best damn service in all aspects of our organization. We strive to gain the trust and respect of our customers and pride ourselves on delivering efficient and dedicated service. As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence will be both professionally and personally rewarding.
As part of our interview process, we will be using a video interviewing platform, Spark Hire. The video interviewing platform will allow our hiring team and candidates to connect more quickly without the pressure of synchronizing calendars for our initial phase of candidate assessments. Our goal with the video interviewing portion of our hiring process is to learn more about your personality and previous work experience.
As the Sr. Engineer/Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a variety of team members involved in several products at once for various platforms and services. This is a technical leadership role responsible for assisting at any technical capacity within the team to unblock and enable engineers and QA personnel. This person works to set standards and procedures with the team. This experienced engineer should be a great culture fit who is passionate about the team members success and the technology behind each product. Openness and vulnerability is a must-have.
- This person is the resident technical expert on the team
- Execute the plans set forth by the CTO & Director of Technology on a technical level
- Sets standards and procedures for the team to follow
- Researches new technology and best solutions for each problem
- Collaborate closely with other teams including Marketing, FInance, BizDev, and Operations
- Support and troubleshooting issues with existing code
- Assist heavily in product releases, revisions, patches and code reviews
- Make decisions backed up by usage data and reporting tools
- Keep products up to date with new technology
- Understands and improves all code bases currently under development
- Understand the role of DevOps for releases and monitoring
- 5+ years experience as a full stack engineer
- Superb verbal and electronic communication skills
- Leads by example
- Frontend and Backend Web Development Technologies
- Experience with leading a technology team
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Security principles and architecture
- Experience with DevOps - prefer AWS
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Typescript, NodeJS, Bash, PHP) is a requirement
- Experience with PHP, React, Typescript, NodeJS, MySQL
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement & 4% 401K Match
- Conference & Continuing Education Coverage
- Team Building Events/Opportunities
- Free Downtown Parking
- Performance & Incentive Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (14 days per year + 7 paid holidays)
- Free snacks + beer!