Software Architect / Principal Developer (Full-Stack)
At Prayvine, we build software for those who feed the hungry, care for the sick, develop local economies, and plant churches around the globe. Our mission is to fuse the power of prayer with the power of technology to facilitate God's loving and redemptive work in the world.
As Prayvines Software Architect and Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, developing, and releasing our next-generation communication platform for mission workers. Prayvine has a loyal and growing user base on our minimal viable product (MVP). However, our existing MVP does not support the rapid user growth we are beginning to see, nor the user experiences we want to provide to our users. Using a technology stack that you will define, you will build a new, foundational Prayvine release and provide overall technical leadership for Prayvine moving forward.
- Understanding of and passion for Prayvines work and vision
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years building consumer-scale web applications
- Broad, hands-on experience building scalable backends using a variety of programming languages (e.g. Python, PHP, Node.js) and databases (e.g. MySQL, noSQL)
- Experience in successfully identifying and implementing cost-effective, secure, and scalable hosting infrastructure and services
- Demonstrated ability to produce high velocity and quality through software best practices (e.g. continuous integration, automation, testing, code reviews)
- Highly self-motivated with a bias for action. Expert at prioritizing and making tough choices when faced with difficult trade-offs or limited information.
- Proven track record of configuring and optimizing transactional and/or social email to improve deliverability and effectiveness
- Previous projects include engineering SMS-based user experiences that work well across global service providers.
- Understand how to implement audio- and voice-based user experiences (e.g. Twilio, Bandwidth)
- Experience working with Drupal
- Willingness to relocate to Central Florida is a plus, but is not absolutely required
- Global impact. Our users are doing difficult, life-changing, and life-saving work in some of the worlds most challenging places. We empower them to do their very best work.
- Although Prayvine is a non-profit organization, we have the culture of a startup. We are lean, creative, data-driven, and driven to change the world for the better. We care about good work-life balance.
- We are a tiny organization, and in many ways this position is like being a technical co-founder. You will work in partnership with the CEO/founder and significantly shape the future of our product and organization.