Lead Software Engineer (Remote 3 days a week!)
Lead Software Engineer (Remote 3-4 days a week)
Salary + Benefits + Equity + 401k + PTO
Karma Search LLC is working with an Artificial Intelligence startup located in the Boston area (Cambridge). They have secured half a million dollars in funding and are looking to add 4 members to their team. They have openings for a Lead Engineer, Mid-Level Software Engineer, Marketing Executive, and Jr/Mid-level Marketing Associate. The company currently has 7 employees, including 3 CoFounders.
The Lead Engineer will be the right-hand person to the CTO and help build the Software Engineering team. This person needs to have great expertise in PHP, while Java will also be very helpful. This person needs to understand the startup world and help to build the development team processes and handle communication and coordination with the rest of the executive team. They are looking for this person to be technologically-savvy and a hands-on developer while also acting as leader and executive to help drive the planning, communication, recruitment, and processes for the division. This Lead Engineer will manage more of the day-to-day of the platform and the team while the CTO will stay mainly with high level strategizing. The company is also looking for a Mid-Level Engineer with the same tech skillset.
Everyone in the company meets 1-2 times a week for a meeting, but this will mostly be a remote role during the first year. They have a shared workspace to meet at, but will not be signing a lease for an office in the first year.
- Extensive experience with Magento2
- Proficient in building Robust Backends utilizing Node.js
- Proficient in using Linux Bash commands, understanding of version control tools like Git & code deployment tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience working with agile management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Background in building, maintaining, and shipping sophisticated enterprise software systems through multiple release cycles, especially through upgrades and changes to APIs and data formats
- Good understanding and Creating Database Schemas in MongoDB and mySQL