Web Developer - Boston or Newburyport, MA
Matter Communications is an independent and thriving integrated marketing firm focused on what matters most: our people, our clients and our results. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with B2B and B2C companies at all stages of development and across all industries.
We’ve built and nurtured a team-oriented, supportive environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. While we’re serious about what we do, we try not to take ourselves too seriously.
Matter is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join and grow our web development team. This position will lead and build digital web solutions for clients. This person will play a key role as part of the digital marketing team and will help ensure our clients can deliver best in class digital experiences. The ideal candidate is willing to roll up their sleeves in our fast-paced environment, will be the expert on all things development, and is able to thrive in client facing interactions.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include the development of web-based applications and website
- Integration of code with other technologies (web services, client backend systems, content management systems, etc.)
- Optimizing performance of frontend applications
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to assist with briefs, gathering requirements and functional specifications
- Be the internal expert on all things web development, mentor and share knowledge with staff
- Collaborating with clients, digital marketing team and creative group to develop web solutions for our clients, the creative team to account managers and project managers for project planning, strategy and execution
- Portfolio of web work in the B2B and B2C space
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a digital agency or web development environment
- At least 3-5 years of WordPress & PHP development experience
- MySQL experience
- HubSpot COS experience
- Experienced Front-end development with Responsive Design
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to code
- Experience implementing analytics code and setting up analytic event tracking using various platforms (Google Analytics, HubSpot, Google Tag Manager, Marketo, etc.)
- Ecommerce Development
- MarTech integration experience
- Develop, coordinate, and evolve quality assurance (testing) procedures to ensure error-free work product
- College graduate with B.A./B.S. degree
- Autonomous and driven to own deliverables from beginning to end with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to project manage, set priorities, and solve problems
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and leading other developers
- Ability to collaborate as part of integrated teams of non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to collaborate and participate in new business development efforts
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.