Job Summary: This Position can be located in Austin (TX), Seattle (WA), or Santa Clara Valley (CA)
Apple has an opportunity for a Sr. Security Engineer. In this role you will conduct architecture security reviews, application testing, and penetration testing modeled after real world attackers (i.e., exploit and pivot).
Our scope includes everything from customer applications like iCloud and iTunes, to enterprise services like retail payment systems that support our physical and online storefronts. We work multi-functionally with teams Apple wide providing security consulting services and driving new security initiatives. Our hardworking team of security professionals is a key to our success.
- Experience manually testing web applications or enterprise penetration testing
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. perl, python, PHP, ruby) and a programming language (e.g. JAVA, Objective C)
- You are proficient in either Mac OS X and/or other flavors of UNIX
- You have the ability to explain basic networking concepts (routing, ACL, load balancers, SSL/TLS, TCP) in order to provide application architecture feedback
- You have a background in web application development and/or code auditing strongly preferred
- You have Strong verbal & written interpersonal skills
- You have a real passion for discovering and researching new vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- You are deeply accountable for your work
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Description: Conduct security architecture review of the full stack including applications built on cloud and new technologies.
Conduct manual application security testing and source code auditing for a variety of technologies. Provide clear and detailed risk assessment and remediation guidelines for developers and business owners.
Conduct penetration testing targeting critical Apple data, services, and environments. Report underlying security issues and propose enhanced security protections.
Security research on the latest best practices, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, and technology frameworks
Documenting and disseminating security guidelines for common security issues, remediation guidance, and security technology baselines
Develop tools and exploits to support application security review and/or penetration testing
Education: BS in Computer Engineering with specialization in Information Security or 4+ years of equivalent, hands-on information security experience in a large enterprise environments a plus.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 200033813 COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.