Full Stack Developer
Are you a talented Web Engineer with an appreciation for the full stack? We’re building the largest eCommerce partner company in the world and we’re looking for a talented Software Engineer to help us get there. You’ll have your finger on the pulse of all of BVAccel’s projects involving migration, integration, and custom app development. *** BVAccel is unable to provide employment visa sponsorship***
What you'll do...
- Design, build, and maintain software features, middleware, and data migration scripts for our clients
- Contribute to all parts of the software lifecycle process, including defining requirements, planning, prototyping, development, and testing
- Diagnosing and remediating software bugs in a timely manner
- Productizing code to be scalable and reusable across a range of client sizes and business needs
- Partner with different functions within the organization to ensure timely delivery and accuracy from a full stack scope
What you'll need...
- 5+ years of full stack web development experience, including proficieny with open source backend technologies (e.g., PHP 7, Node.js, Ruby on Rails)
- Basic understanding of web server configuration, cron management, package management (apt or similar) and other housekeeping
- Experience working with git and adherence to workflow
- Working knowledge of AWS, DigitalOcean, Rackspace, etc.
- Experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Ability to thrive in a results-oriented, high-freedom work environment
- An understanding of virtualization and experience with some flavor of VirtualBox, Vagrant, Docker etc.
- An understanding of MVC patterns and the fundamentals of REST
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
Bonus points for...
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, etc.)
- Experience in a multi-project / agency environment
- Experience with Linux and basic shell scripting
- Knowledge in Laravel 5+ and Laravel Forge
- Familiarity with automated unit testing
- Working knowledge of task runners and how they contribute to development workflows (Gulp, NPM, Grunt, Docker, VMs, etc.)
- Some experience with deployment and CI tools
- Versed in agile development practices
Who we are...
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence
- We’re a member of San Diego Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work, a 100+ person work fam, passionate, high-growth, fast paced and all in
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do...
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a top tier technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients
BVAccel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.