Senior Software Engineer
Agile PT (Agile Project Tracker) is homegrown suite of productivity tools for engineering and product management. It has high visibility within Wayfair and used daily by thousands of users internally. The contributions from this team are impactful across the board. What we build directly affects the productivity of groups within Wayfair that are responsible for Product, Engineering, Analytics, Design, Front-end and QA.
There is a great full-stack engineering team behind this system, spearheading development and inclusion of new capabilities related to Agile processes, Road-mapping, Capex and Time logging. The team also builds and maintains integrations with other internal and third-party systems such as deploy, Git, review tools, QA and more through internal and public APIs.
We primarily work on a tech stack consisting of GraphQL, PHP and SQL on the server-side and React.js, Redux, CSS on the client-side. The team does significant work on both; the front-end and back-end, with a number of large architectural challenges on the horizon. Given our lofty goals, we’re looking for someone who is looking to move fast and tackle a diverse set of challenges.
What You’ll Do?
- Apply the principles of software engineering to build and maintain software applications, tools, and systems supporting business-critical processes.
- Writing maintainable and performant code using PHP, GraphQL, MSSQL, React, Redux and CSS.
- Design and architect robust performant software solutions that align towards business objectives.
- Active participation in peer code reviews; design, implement, and document services/queries to expose data to internal and external teams.
- Define code test plans and perform unit, integration and functional testing.
- Collaborate with teammates to solve problems in your team’s area of focus.
- Work as part of Agile scrum team, communicating frequently and being self-motivated.
How You’ll Make an Impact?
- Co-writing your team’s roadmap, in collaboration with product managers, other engineers on your team, and various stakeholders.
- Contributing to conversations about shared architecture, and how we can improve it.
- Running point on large projects, and making sure the engineering voice is heard among all the
teams contributing to a single project.
- Challenge existing architectural standards, scrum mechanics, code quality, and advocate for improvements by
- Be a mentor for junior engineers on the team.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer and have a good understanding of web technology stack and MVC best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 6+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with automated builds (such as Jenkins) and practical knowledge on CI & deploy.
- Experience with GraphQL is a huge plus.
- You learn together and focus on facts and data to drive decisions.
- You’re a craftsperson that takes pride in the craft of software engineering.
- You care about the end user satisfaction. At the end of the day, we’re creating meaningful capabilities for our internal users. It’s not just about executing on a project specification handed to you by a stakeholder, but rather, working together to figure out what exactly what our users need and delivering it.