Senior Backend Engineer (100% Remote)
We're looking for a new teammate in our lean company (24 people from 14 different countries, over 80% engineers), and give you the opportunity to be part of a fascinating journey. We’ve seen incredible growth over the last seven years, driven by a talented and versatile yet small team. It worked well so far, but now we want more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) with strong experience, and you will be an essential part of our bootstrapped and 100% remote company with a flat organizational structure. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key position.
WE OFFER YOU
- a great work-life balance - work whenever you want from wherever you are. Results - not hours. We care about what you achieve.
- no bullshit - we are a fact- and engineering-driven company (including the founders)
- to work on something important. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people find love and happiness.
- 30 days paid vacation
- a competitive salary
- work on the backend for our award-winning apps that are used by millions of users on a monthly basis
- be part of our cross-functional squads that are responsible for the mobile apps backend or service architecture.
- work on the mobile apps API, data processing, and interfacing with different components of the Jaumo platform and external services
- take ownership in features, tools, and services
- work agile with a motivated and innovative small team (including us, the two founders)
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different platforms and technologies. We admire engineers who take the initiative, make their own decisions and implement them precisely.
- have strong programming skills in PHP 7. Many core services are written in PHP, newer services also in Kotlin (with Spring).
Bonus: You have experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, etc.
- ideally worked with microservices, Docker, and Kafka
- love getting things done you never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- you speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.