Software Development PHP Team Lead
The Team Lead PHP Developer is responsible for leading a team of engineers that design and implementation of a distributed enterprise application, self-service portals, mobiles applications with external and internal interfaces utilizing Microservices and business automation patterns to modernize an existing system from the ground up. In addition to the creation of custom software within an Agile & DevSecOps environment, the candidate should exhibit excellent leadership, mentoring, problem solving and data analysis skills as well as a proven ability to work within a team. The ideal candidate will focus on design, mentoring, implementation and testing of the software built on a new technology stack using industry standard tools and design patterns. It is essential that this candidate have exceptional communication skills and be flexible with technology, environment and priorities.
- Skilled in planning and organization
- Excel in solving complex problems and exhibit independent decision making
- Proclivity for verbal and written communication
- Comfortable speaking in public and presenting infront of others
- Excellent at communicating ideas and collaborating with peers
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills
- Ability to derive and design technical specifications from general product requirements
- Extensive knowledge of application design patterns
- Familiar with indicators that define a high-functioning team
- Accept ownership of teams projects and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional disciplines such as Product, Marketing, SysOps, DBA, and PMO
- Establish excellent working relationship with DevOps.
- Strong understanding of OOP, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, best practices
- Critical thinking skills to solve the problem and then write the code
- Experience delivering software in a scrum /agile environment
- Ability to learn quick and an attitude to fail fast and improve
- Display professional, enthusiastic, and approachable demeanor
- Work closely with other Development teams to release software on schedule, accurately communicating risks and following established processes
- Act as an information resource and the subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibility
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or another relevant field
- 8+ years of development experience, 3+ years with LAMP Stack in an Enterprise setting
- 5+ year in a Service oriented architecture (SOA) experience
- 5+ years Hands on in developing REST APIs
- Indepth experience using PHP applications
- Indepth experience designing databases, developing stored procedures and SQL
- Advance knowledge in application architecture concepts like microservices, domain-driven design, broker pattern/message bus, and event driven architecture
- Strong Linux and Apache administration skills
- Hands on experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Symfony, Zend or Laravel
- Experience working in an Agile and/or SCRUM environment
- Experience with Windows and Unix OS
- Experience with SFTP, HTTP and HTTPS to communicate data across the internet
- Experience working in a fast paced, enterprise environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with both on and off-site resources
- Ability to build productive and positive relationships across the organization
- Ability to quickly master domain knowledge of complex systems
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with hours outside core scheduled hours when required
- S in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading and developing responsive web applications.
- Experience in other OOP languages and frameworks such as JAVA and Spring.
- Experience working in a PCI compliant software development teams
- Experience with cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS.