Principal Payments Software Engineer
Principal Payments Software Engineer
Our client is a leading global sports technology company based in Plano, TX with offices spread across the country. With a wide variety of tools, our client’s technologies make the administrative side of organized sports run smoothly so parents, coaches and players can have fun and focus on their favorite sport.
If you have always wanted to tie your passions for technology and sports together, this is the job for you. Our client is looking for high energy team members to change the world of sports management software. This is an opportunity to continue to build your technology career with a rapidly growing company in the sports industry. This position works directly with a cross-functional SCRUM team to create robust sports related applications that include users from across the globe. As a Principal Payments Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a suite of highly available, highly scalable applications that revolve around collection of payments from customers. This position will work with our core payments platform, which includes managing transactions, reporting, and reconciliation. In this role, the individual will have a chance to make an impact on both the service layer, as well as the user interface.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
· Work independently and be a self-starter
· Make a direct impact on the business
· Make an impact on both the service layer as well as the user interface
· Work directly with a cross-functional SCRUM team to create robust sports related applications.
· Build and maintain a suite of highly available, highly scalable applications that revolve around collection of payments from customers.
· Work with the core payments platform, which includes managing transactions, reporting, and reconciliation.
· Handle onboarding for internal and customer support
· Attend and contributes to stand-ups, sprint and roadmap planning with the product team.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· No travel required.
Your success will be measured based on:
· Ability to work cross functionally with the product owner for the payments team and payment subject matter expert
· Successfully implement a payment integration application
· Strong internal and external customer service
· Strong understanding of payments domain and payments industry
· Experience with online payments, PayFac processes, PCI Compliance, and merchant services provided by leading online payment processors
· Understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
· Experience working with multiple payment processing partners and card issues
· 5-7 years of experience in PHP (or open-source) based application development
· Working knowledge of PostgresQL, MySQL, and/or MongoDB PHP Frameworks: Laravel or Lumen, and Silex or Symfony
· Experience testing PHP applications (TDD, BDD)
· Strong background with HTML and CSS
· Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
· Experience working with 3rd Party APIs
· Experience designing highly-trafficked systems
· Familiarity with OWASP
Desired Experience and Traits:
· Experience with customer portals/panels
· Experience working with micro- services
· Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills
· Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Computer Sciences
· Competitive base structure with lucrative bonus
· HSA or FSA accounts
· Dependent Care Flexible Spending
· Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time)
· Complete relocation package is available
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Req ID Number: JO-1903-6228
EEO Job Category:
For Further Information Contact: