Sr. Fullstack Engineer
Lonely Planet is looking for a senior developer to join us in a contract-to-hire role to help us build an exciting new product. This developer will work closely with many groups internal and external to meet the company's expanding initiatives: the web group to make sure that it is easy to display data from disparate sources, the mobile team to ensure that access to the data is fast and reliable and external groups to enable partners to display high-quality travel content within their products.
Using multiple programming languages and frameworks, the senior developer is expected to design technical solutions that ensure the delivery of business objectives and requirements. Along with communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences, the role will implement new and ongoing software development projects ranging from the development of high traffic public-facing websites to internal shared content service solutions supporting multi-platform digital content distribution.
At Lonely Planet we are passionate about our products and the evolving technologies we use to build them. The senior developer will need to share our passion for craftsmanship in software design, development, continuous improvement in the techniques, tools and languages we use; as well as have an appreciation for business objectives and delivering superior, innovative software solutions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or related field from a four-year accredited university. Equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- At least 4 years software development experience. We work in a variety of languages including Elixir, Python and NodeJS. We are looking for well rounded versatile software engineers.
- At least 2 years experiences working with RDMS sys with Postgres (or other relational database system)
- Experience with continuous integration servers (Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.).
- Experience with GIT or other source control.
- Strong verbal communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical and business problems/issues to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Work with ETL processes.
- Experience with Open ID and OAuth
What’s in it for you?
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a growing team in a globally loved brand in a truly global company, with offices in the UK, US, Australia, Ireland, China & India. You will also receive 3 weeks of vacation, a competitive salary based on your experience and region, 401K and great medical coverage.
Please ensure you submit a cover letter detailing your salary expectations along with your CV telling us why you’d like to join our team.
Lonely Planet participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify, we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. The E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, please go to www.uscis.gov and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.