Software Engineer with Aptitude for R, MySQL, PHP
DC Energy is looking for software engineers to help develop and refine the software that powers our business. We take a do-it-yourself approach and have built a stack composed of a variety of technologies (e.g. R, Python, Shiny, NoSQL, MySQL, PHP, Go, Subversion). We employ the tools best suited for a given job, and seek individuals who share that philosophy. Our ideal candidate is a polyglot with an aptitude for picking up new languages and technologies.
This is a hands-on, technical role in a highly-collaborative team. Responsibilities will include development of software new and old across many aspects of our business. As your experience grows, you will contribute to more general design and architecture questions.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Aptitude with a variety of languages (e.g. R, Python, Go, PHP, Clojure)
- Unix/Linux background
- Experience with a modern RDBMS (ideally SQL-based)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or related work experience
- Statistical or scientific computing experience (e.g. R, SPlus, Matlab)
- Developer experience with MySQL. DBA experience a plus
- GitHub portfolio or other accessible code samples
- Familiar with version control systems, especially Subversion
- Experience with AWS