Backend Developer - PHP Symfony
Backend Developer - PHP Symfony
Job description There are those who piece together scripts they found left and right, and there are those who really dive into purposeful code. You want to be part of the second category: those who design the code of tomorrow’s applications!
You believe there’s no point in rushing. Using the latest, quickest framework or language isn't the solution to everything. Real, robust code requires a lot of thinking and testing, and it should be easy to update without risks!
We use PHP, Symfony, PostgreSQL, Algolia, and other tools to develop services via REST APIs. Each piece of code is carefully built,tested, and reviewed with love by another developer. We also use Clean Architecture, TDD, clean code principles, the boyscout rule among others.
What will you do?
- You will design, build, and maintain our education platform.
- You will work cross-team to develop new features.
- You will propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product and assess their impact.
- You will interact with your teammates via peer programing and review, development workload refinement, and evaluation.
- You will contribute ideas to improve our engineering standards and processes.
Requirements You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have at least 4 years experience as a backend developer.
- You are passionate by application architecture including concepts like design patterns and clean architecture.
- You are experienced with REST APIs and familiar with technologies such as PHP, Symfony, Twig, PostgreSQL, PHPUnit, Git, Composer, among others.
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working.
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback.
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset.
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English.
Hiring process After your application you will:
- Get in touch with our Engineering Manager over the phone.
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office.
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture.
- Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have.
- You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Public transport pass paid in full by OpenClassrooms.
- Additional health insurance through a mutuelle paid in full by OpenClassrooms.
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law).
- Gym membership (GymPass paid in full by OpenClassrooms).
- Unlimited days off and a €1,000 bonus once a year for those who take 15+ days of vacation in a row (bonus available after 1 year of employment).
- Ability to work remotely up to 4 days a month.
- A company MacBook.
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high-quality.
- Salary transparency which ensuring fairness.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
More about us We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. Non EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).
More information: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
Interested? Send your application via the application button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.