Senior Full Stack Developer
Senior Full Stack Developer
FarmLead is an online platform dedicated to agriculture trade. We are based in Ottawa and active across Canada and the US. As a venture-backed agtech start-up, we are on an exciting journey to revamp our suite of products and bring exceptional value to our end-users.
We are looking for candidates who are excited by the fast pace of a start-up and enjoy working in a small and collaborative work environment. Our product team includes business analysts, product managers, designers and developers working together to build the next great feature.
You will have the opportunity to take charge and be an owner, make mistakes and learn, and figure things out as you go. We support and encourage our team members, feeding off their inspirations and goals, and enabling them to develop and contribute to the success of FarmLead.
About the role As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you are a key member of our development team. You are responsible for building and managing a variety of features, primarily focused on API, database, and third-party integrations. Your day-to-day includes collaborating with a team of web and mobile developers, as well as our product design team, working together to launch new features. From time to time, you also work with our third-party vendors and corporate partners, to help us evolve our product, offerings, and infrastructure. You also oversee and guide our overall architecture, and liaise with a part-time DevOps engineer.
We work in an Agile environment, and that means you are part of a culture that is flexible and adaptive to requirements. To support our objectives, we run agile ceremonies, plan and scope our work as a group, and believe in a continuous deployment philosophy. Our work is about creating value for our end-users and you are a key part of bringing that experience to life.
We believe good developers need clear requirements, but also focused time and space to do their best work. Accordingly, you vocalize when you need to clarify uncertain requirements, you help find solutions to translate our designers' specifications into working features, and determine what work setting works best for you to get the job done.
- Work closely with both development and product teams.
- Coordinate cross-platform releases.
- Provide bug fixes for existing features.
- Build and update APIs.
- Consume SDKs and APIs for third-party integrations (e.g., Twilio, PostMark, Salesforce).
- Design, develop, and optimize database tables.
- Create reports based on product reporting needs.
- Build internal dashboard and administrative tools.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Review user stories prior to their development.
- Peer review code from other members of the team.
- Support the planning, feature estimation, and scoping of development work.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure timely delivery of new features.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience of back-end experience, preferably using Python.
- 2+ years' front-end development.
- 5+ years' with relational databases, preferably in MySQL.
- 3+ years' with caching, preferably using Redis.
- Detailed understanding of RESTful API Design.
- Experience with AWS-hosted web applications.
- Experience working in an Agile Delivery model.
- Experience working in a Continuous Deployment model.
Nice to Have:
- Progress Web Application (PWA) or Single Page Application (SPA) experience.
- Vue2 or other modern web frameworks.
- RESTful API using Python, Flask and SQLAlchemy.
- Data storage using MySQL and Redis.
- Git using GitHub.
- AWS management (SQS, RDS, S3, CodePipeline, etc.).
- Competitive salary and company equity.
- Comprehensive and flexible health benefits plan.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, increasing with seniority.
- 1 week of paid personal leave per year.
- Downtown Ottawa office, in the core of Centretown.
- Easily accessible via transit, and equipped with showers and secure bike racks.
- Monthly parking or commuter stipend.
- Annual professional self-development stipend.
- Casual dress code.
- Flexible work schedule.
Must be already authorized to work in Canada.
More information about FarmLead can be found on www.farmlead.recruitee.com.
Interested? Apply via the application button.
Acquisition is not appreciated.