IT Security Engineer
We are looking for an innovative IT Security Engineer who has an intellectual curiosity and abiding interest in information security (defensive); that constantly keeps themselves on the cutting edge of cyber security trends.
The IT Security Engineer will partner with the CIO and Directors of IT Security, Infrastructure and Operations, IT Business Application Delivery, and the Enterprise Architect, to ensure a secure network environment. Their work will include designing, implementing, operating, and maintaining our network security infrastructure and generating network policy and documentation to ensure that we are compliant with relevant security regulations and framework.
Local Los Angeles candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and configuration of networks and network devices such as web application firewalls, network firewalls, (i.e. VMware NSX), switches, load balancers, and routers
- Network Security configuration, audit, and management of Windows servers
- Installation, configuration, audit, and management of security tools (i.e. Palo Alto)
- Security configuration, audit, and management of applications and databases
- Leading security incident investigations, including basic forensic analysis and reporting
- Maintenance and monitoring of network and host intrusion detection and prevention technologies
- Implementing security controls
- Implements physical and procedural safeguards for information resources within the facility
- Administers access to information resources and makes provisions for timely detection, reporting, and analysis of actual and attempted unauthorized access to information resources
- Proposes and assists with the acquisition of security hardware/software
- Leads identification and proposes remediation of vulnerabilities
- Develops and maintains access control rules
- Maintains user lists, passwords, encryption keys, and other authentication and security-related information and databases
- Develops and follows procedures for reporting on monitored controls
- Develops and leads tests of network security tools
- Leading the design, implementation, and migration of enterprise infrastructure and application services to software defined networks
- Develops and leads procedure for testing disaster recovery plan
- Provides help-desk-style assistance to MPI leadership and employees when required
- Ability to work overtime/extended hours as required.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Professional certification, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, or other information security credentials preferred.
- 5-7 years of hands-on IT work experience with 2+ years fully engaged on security
- Experience working across the full stack of enterprise security tools to include everything from the physical layer to the application layer
- Ability to lead the design of network security infrastructure and the integration of new requirements into existing architectures
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience leading compliance assessments of relevant cybersecurity frameworks
- Experience in HIPAA compliant organizations
- Experience with HiTrust certification
- Typically a background in technical IT roles such as IT operations, with an unquenchable curiosity about and abiding interest in information security
- Experience conducting daily Security Operations Center triage and research
- Applied experience with many of the following technologies/roles: •Privileged Account Management
- Mobile Device Management •Two-Factor Authentication •Public Key Infrastructure
- Web filtering
- Web Application Firewalls
- Core network fabric
- Virtualized computing environments
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Encryption-at-rest and encryption-in-transit
- Advanced endpoint protection
- User behavior analytic tools
- Enterprise Microsoft Windows environments
- Advanced SIEM use (custom alerts, dashboard development, forensic search)
- Vulnerability Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel in a professional and tactful manner.
- Experience responding to incidents, crises, and investigations with sensitivity, tenacity, and a focus on detail required.
- Strong understanding of current information security theory, best practices, and standards.
- Strong, applied knowledge of security practices and methodologies, security controls and architecture including the use of intrusion detection/prevention and other defenses.
- Experience with security administration across multiple operating systems. Experience with conceptual security design considerations in firewalls, LAN, WAN, File Server, PC, UNIX, and VPN environments.
For consideration, qualified candidates only, submit letter of interest with resume and salary requirements.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 40 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Visit us at www.mpiphp.org
Equal Opportunity Employer