Software Engineer/Web Developer - PHP, Go
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re seeking a flexible full-stack engineer to help us build out our main website (signaturecoins.com), sister sites (signaturepins.com, signaturepatches.com, signaturelanyards.com), and our administrative tools & software, which is built using the same stack as our customer-facing websites.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed and wants to be able to look back a year from now and say, "I built that part from the ground up." Most, if not everything we build, is from scratch, which we understand isn't super common in a modern day PHP application, but it is the case for Go applications, and so we have built our system with those design principles in mind.
You should be someone who wants to take true ownership in parts of our stack, championing their implementation, adoption, and maintenance.
- Proficiency with PHP & MySQL
- Familiarity with the standard Unix software development tools (e.g., bash, zsh, git)
- Able to maintain an Apache, MySQL install on your own WSL instance (or virtual machine)
- Continuous integration / deployment expertise
- Broad knowledge of the full stack. You should be able to trace a problem from a client to the system layer
- Self-sufficiency and the never-ending drive to build cool stuff
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Nice to haves
- Proficiency with Go
- Prior experience with microservices is a big plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Rust (not used a ton (yet) but the diverse set of languages understood really shows the drive to learn, and there is some in production)
- Good working knowledge of and experience with AWS services
- 5+ years of relevant experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. But programming experience can make itself shown in a variety of different ways, and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear understanding of what you're writing and dedication and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and encourage you to help us improve our process especially.