Software/Senior Software Engineer
EDR is seeking an experienced Software or Senior Software Engineer (SE) to join its Software Development Team. The SE will be a significant contributor to our development team, helping innovate functionality within EDR’s platform technologies. The primary focus of this role will be developing integrations and features to help our customers manage their data, analytics and workflow processes. You will also help us evolve our back-end structures, develop our next generation of internal & external APIs, and expand our functionality within our platform technologies. The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of developing scalable and high performance SaaS products using established and modern technologies, patterns, and practices under an Agile software development methodology.
DIMENSIONS: Direct Reports: No Status: FT / Exempt Travel: As required Hours: Varies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop secure, scalable, high performing and highly available software solutions
- Meet development timelines and project objections
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Coordinators and/or Technical leads on software development projects
- Work closely with stakeholders to explain the development progress against projects
- Support QA and UAT efforts
- Participate and contribute in project planning and estimation
- Responsible for defect triage and support
- Maintain adherence to the architecture life cycle parallel to the project’s software development life cycle
- Assist in the maintenance of existing systems hardware and software, and in the development and maintenance of architectural standards companywide
- Actively communicate with appropriate leadership to guide updates to comply with EDR’s release communication process
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Software Development (or 7 years for senior level)
- A minimum of 1 year experience in Agile Software development (or 3 years for senior level)
- Self-driven and self-managed individual able to complete multiple projects and responsibilities on-time.
- Efficiently deliver high quality work as individual and part of a team (on-site, off-site, and off-shore)
- Able to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Clear, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.