The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is looking for multiple full-time ERP developers to join our team. Telecommuting may be a possibility depending on qualifications and experience.
Are you passionate about software development and customer service? Are you looking for an opportunity to continue learning and be part of dynamic team? We’re looking for an experienced developer to be the next member of our growing team! The work we do is varied and challenging, so you will need the tenacity to take on our increasing list of development projects that benefit students, faculty, and staff at UW-Madison and beyond. You’ll have an opportunity to learn while you work as part of a team to help customers to design, build, and deploy custom applications. Responsibilities range from design to development and implementation.
Typical duties include:
- Analysis of requirements and high-level functional design of systems
- Independently develop technical designs
- Perform complex programming activities
- Directing and coordinating efforts of other professional staff
- Provides technical expertise to direction the development of new systems
- Maintenance and support of operational systems.
Who are we looking for?
Software developers who are eager to continue learning and growing their craft professionally. You’ll need exceptional communication and customer service skill since you’ll be working alongside clients, project managers, and other developers.
The ideal candidate would have experience supporting a large, ERP system (e.g. - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Workday). We are looking to fill positions within three ERP areas: Human Resource, Financials and Campus Solutions. The emphasis will be on collaborating with a team to deliver and maintain high quality, efficient, and robust applications. They would also possess strong solution design skills where solutions will likely include cross platform integrations, web services, custom applications, and support of packaged ERP codebase. Experience with ERP upgrades and/or implementation projects is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing with widely used object oriented programming languages (eg. Java, .NET, PeopleCode, PHP). (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing new, and troubleshooting existing, SQL for a widely used relational database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase). (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation.
- Demonstrated desire to learn new things.
Application deadline is July 16, 2019.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We believe that we are better able to serve our diverse set of campus customers through supporting the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our staff. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.