Interactive Back End Web Developer
We are seeking an experienced interactive back end web developer to join our growing Interactive team. The position would be responsible for creating and maintaining both internal and external facing web applications. A successful candidate must be able to adapt and extend their knowledge as projects dictate, as well as work effectively individually and as part of a team.
A lot of what we do at Wild Blue involves translating complex, multiple-component messages into simple, understandable narratives. So, in addition to your technical skills, you’ll need the ability to quickly understand our clients’ markets and challenges, be comfortable presenting to clients and upper management when required and be willing to collaborate across departments. Finally, you’ll have to be down with a relaxed dress code, pizza and playing some ping-pong when you’ve got a spare minute.
Skills & Requirements
We are interested in speaking to you if…
- are comfortable building web solutions with little direction.
- are a team player who is inspired by your colleagues & inspires others with your vision & skills.
- are highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset and adhere to tight deadlines.
- are highly productive, rarely bored and never wait around for things to happen.
- listen, synthesize and reflect as much as stating your own opinion.
- actively explore emerging technologies and stay up-to-date on the latest technology.
"Must have" experience in:
- 3+ years back end web development.
- 3+ years programming in PHP and using MySQL
- Familiar with web security and best practices
- Collaborating with teams of developers and designers and presenting to clients.
- Use Git on a regular basis
Ideal candidates would have some experience in the following:
- Have worked with CodeIgniter framework in the past
- 3D Game engines (specific: Unity) and C# programming language
- Deep understanding of server architecture
We’d love to tell you more about our benefits and perks!
How do I apply?
Submit the following to Wild Blue’s Human Resource Director, Carrie Mueller: [email protected]
- Cover Letter introducing yourself and expressing why this position is a fit for you. We also want to know what makes you tick. What are you seeking?
- Sample work preferred, but not required.