Elasticsearch Engineer - PHP
We are looking for a senior back-end developer to join our data team to help us build the largest fashion product catalog on the internet.
In our current stack, we use PHP (Laravel), Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis.
- Develop & maintain our existing microservice(s) that handles data ingestion from our different brand partners and our product catalog search engine.
- Build internal tools & dashboards that help us to get insight into our data.
- You will refactor, optimize, and improve the existing codebase for scale
- Create unit tests to grant that everything works as expected.
What we're offering you
- Ability to work 100% remote, enjoy working from the comfort of your own home. We’re hiring the best people regardless of where they live.
- Flexible work schedule, work when you are the most productive and be with your family when they need you.
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a PHP back-end developer preferably with Laravel.
- At least 2 years of enterprise-level experience with querying data from Elasticsearch.
- Experience in working on databases with large datasets (hundreds of Gigabytes)
- Familiar implementing and consuming RESTful APIs & good understanding of microservices architecture.
- Prefers the TDD approach to development.
- Understand fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Code quality and unit tests mean something to you.
- You have a highly analytical mind. You have a curiosity to analyze and interpret data.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Self-directed, pragmatic, independent, and with experience owning complete features/products: you can solve stuff on your own.
- Ability to adapt to any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future.
- Amazing ability to get stuff done. Hard working and dedicated
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- Experience managing at least one Linux distribution (preferably Debian, Ubuntu, or alike), understand how to install, configure, and manage a LAMP stack.
- Having experience working with Python and/or React is a plus.
How to apply
Email [email protected] your CV and provide answers to the following questions – if you don't, your application will not be considered
- Q1) How many years of back-end development experience do you have? Provide an example of a data-driven system/program you've built, including source code (GitHub links or tarballs are fine).
- Q2) How many years of experience do you have with Elasticsearch? Describe in a few sentences the nature of the project involving Elasticsearch.
We have someone who will review your code and answers, and if it's good enough, we'll contact you for a phone interview.