PHP Developer – Houston, TX
About the team:
Capco Energy Solutions is the Energy industry focused division of Capco, a fully independent, global management and technology consultancy. For nearly 20 years we have combined innovative thinking with deep industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital transformation and technology services to energy markets including Commodity Trading & Risk Management; Utilities & Retail Energy; Transportation & Logistics; and Oil & Gas. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter
About the Job:
As a member of the development team, you will help define, establish, and evolve our PHP capacities. In this role, you will be responsible for specifying, developing & integrating technical components of a client solution and working within a team; you would be involved in the development, testing, configuration, and implementation of technology solutions to our clients. Associates are involved in coding, issue tracking and resolution, status reporting, project tracking, quality assurance, configuration management, and documentation.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including functional analysis development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support
- The PHP Developer will be responsible for developing detailed, complex technical solutions to support and enhance our client's websites using a variety of software applications, techniques, tools, and scripting languages.
- Create and update scalable code libraries and creating efficiencies.
- Support source control and branching.
- Participate in an Agile development environment.
- Troubleshoot production problems and collaborating with other teams to resolve data related issues.
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 5+ years of software development
- Expert knowledge in backend technologies: PHP, MySQL, REST, web services, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering (any type), Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related discipline with a technology focus
- Analytical aptitude, persistence in problem resolutions, attention to detail and commitment to quality
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers – we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to get started?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.