Head of Tech Talent Development
Head of Tech Talent Development
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our global Tech Talent Development team is responsible for onboarding and ongoing education for Wayfair Engineering employees. Tech Talent Development ensures that engineering employees get up to speed -- and stay there -- as quickly as possible, while also delivering a great employee and team experience throughout their life cycle.
We're tackling a wide array of exciting problems involved in guiding and supporting our large, rapidly growing global engineering team to work effectively - both individually, and collectively. Wayfair has a diverse tech stack ranging from PHP and React to sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. We are also a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development. Wayfair is looking for a senior people leader who is passionate about creating amazing employee experiences at scale and building high-performing teams from the ground up.
As the Associate Director leading Tech Talent Development, you'll partner with engineering leadership and the broader team to envision, build, and deliver programs, tools, and materials that support our engineering employees in learning what they need to know to be effective in their jobs at every stage in their careers at Wayfair.
As the Head of Tech Talent Development, you'll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap and programs, measure performance, keep your pulse on the employees' and teams' needs, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our employees, teams, and business. All while having a ton of fun and learning every day.
What You'll Do
- Break down complex people and learning problems and make recommendations backed up with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Lead Tech Talent Development in developing and delivering training programs that align with Wayfair Engineering's long term strategic focus areas for engineering employees and technical needs
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your programs, in line with engineering leadership's talent development priorities, building buy in and engagement where needed
- Adapt quickly to changing requirements and technical training needs as the tech space evolves
- Measure impact of TTD programs and materials
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required
- You'll join a team of five existing employees in two offices, and will hire more, ensuring a high degree of excellence, collaboration, and execution across programs
What You'll Need
- 7+ years experience leading teams
- Track record of building high-impact teams, especially in fast-growing organizations
- Outstanding people skills: ability to communicate effectively, collaborate with opinionated stakeholders, influence partners, coach teammates
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Passionate about building highly engaging and actionable employee experiences