NodeJS Backend Engineer - trivago Business Studio
As a Backend Software Engineer for the trivago Business Studio project, you’ll actively shape the project’s future by establishing a quality-driven engineering culture as well as contributing to the integration, refinement and planning of new and existing services and their architecture.
trivago Business Studio is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) targeted at our B2B customers. Our goal is to develop the technical infrastructure that will power the hotels of the future. With an intuitive UX and well-crafted APIs, our marketplace will integrate cutting-edge applications developed by trivago and partners to offer easy access to a customer base of over 500 000 hotel owners!
Ready to take on this challenge in either our Düsseldorf or Leipzig office? Read on and apply today!
Learn more about tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Find yourself in a service-oriented architecture using microservices.
- Architect, build, test and refine a high quality backend infrastructure for our applications.
- Work in a cross-functional team with experienced and passionate engineers.
- Make decisions about a suitable technology stack for each new service based on use-case and requirements.
- Collaborate with Frontend and Fullstack engineers to work on REST, GraphQL and event specifications.
- Contribute to all stages of product development through ideation, preparation and delivery of projects and features.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in an enterprise environment.
- Have a proven track record in building high traffic APIs using NodeJS. TypeScript would be a plus.
- Solid experience with testing and debugging NodeJS services to aim for high quality, stability and maintainability.
- Be interested and motivated in working with other programming languages depending on project requirements.
- Ability to build and work with complex data structures using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker) and CI/CD using Travis, Jenkins or similar.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and profiles as well as share knowledge.
- Fluent English (our company language) and strong communication skills.
- To love technical challenges and strive for continuous development and learning.
What we'd love you to have:
- Bring expertise in working with event-driven architectures.
- Knowledge about working with GCP, AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
- Interest in supporting the team with DevOps topics.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in Leipzig offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and train together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product.