As Technical Lead you will play a key role in the leadership team of our Corporate Systems department. You will lead three passionate and experienced agile engineering teams responsible for some of the most critical systems behind InnoGames’ sustainable success.
- You will lead several diverse engineering teams developing our Payment and Marketing platforms as well as our player account management system
- You will work in an agile environment with three cross-functional Kanban teams consisting of Backend, Frontend and Quality Assistance Engineers
- You will be responsible for advancing your team members’ skills and careers through regular one-on-ones, half-yearly performance appraisals and personal development plans
- You have found your passion in software development, but get even more satisfaction having left hands-on work behind to focus on helping your team do great work and improve their skillset
- As part of our leadership team, you will maintain and further develop our high-performance culture in a cheerful and cooperative work environment – where achievements are recognized, regular knowledge sharing is encouraged and fun is our foundation
- You have completed a Computer Sciences, Business Information Systems degree or have relevant experience
- You have several years’ experience in building and leading agile development teams
- You take on a high level of responsibility and are able to make good leadership decisions based on an excellent understanding of business requirements
- You know the advantages and disadvantages of various architectures and have experience implementing them
- You have a background in software engineering, ideally with PHP and Java
- You have proven experience with relational databases, preferably with MySQL
- You have excellent communication skills and are willing to embrace our company culture and values
- Your presentation skills are superb and you like to give talks at one of our various internal knowledge sharing events
- You have excellent English language skills
Why join us?
- You will work in a multicultural agile team – enabling you and your team to form and actively optimize work processes
- We actively support personal development, pay for any necessary textbooks as well as sending you to developer conferences
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac, Linux or Windows, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) for private use
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our roof terrace to get some fresh air
- We contribute to your public transport ticket and subsidize contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and well-being
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our roof terrace and a company-organised after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Technical Lead? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Silja Bernecker would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ first mobile title Warlords of Aternum is a fantasy turn-based strategy game. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.