Senior PHP Developer - SW Engineer
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We're hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to work alongside our talented development team in NYC. You will work with this NYC team, as well as our tight-knit engineering team in Berlin, on our collection of APIs and microservices, written in PHP, Golang, and Python.
Our teams are cross-functional, so you'll be rubbing shoulders with frontend, product, UX, mobile, and QA, and as a senior member of the team you'll be taking responsibility for our entire platform, its architecture, and our suite of microservices. As we evolve our backend systems towards Microservices and Event-sourced paradigms, our engineers have been increasingly using Go for its speed, concurrency, and low learning curve
- BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field required
- 3+ years' experience using PHP and/or 1+ years using Golang
- Understanding of various design patterns, SOLID principles, and DDD, as well as how and when to use these concepts in PHP and/or Go
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and non relational (MongoDB) databases
- Testing mindset (unit, integration, & functional) - we're still forming the team in NYC so many of our QA engineers are an ocean away, which means it's up to you to ensure services' stability
- Continuous integration / deployment expertise (we use Concourse CI)
- Prior experience with distributed systems and microservices a big plus (protobuf / gRPC, opentracing)
- DevOps expertise highly desirable (Docker and Kubernetes a huge plus!)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.