Associate Software Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer (f/m/d) to join our team and reinvent on-demand delivery with us. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
Your mission: Your journey with us begins with you taking control of what you would like to work on and what you are interested in within our various Tech verticals. Tell us which teams you would like to join and which technologies you would like to dive into and learn about. This could be anything ranging from our user facing platforms, which include iOS and Android apps, to our restaurant platforms or logistics network, or even be in one of our back-office tools for vendor management, marketing channels or warehouse management. Of course, you will be mentored by our tech leads, while being exposed to the latest technology.
Your heroic skills:
- Excellent computer science fundamentals about data structures & algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Solid knowledge in one modern programming language such as Java, Python, Golang, PHP or in any modern frontend technology like TypeScript, React, Angular or Vue.js.
- Curious to learn and try out new areas of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm), cloud providers (AWS, GCP) or frontend (Angular, React).
- Basic knowledge of SQL, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL or Aurora or with NoSQL - e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Ability to deliver clean, tested and well documented code.
- Excited about working in a fast moving and agile company where we learn from our mistakes.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Enjoy company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room
- Kita spots optional