Backend Developer (PHP & Go)_International Relocation to Tokyo, Japan
About Client: Our client is Japan’s biggest C2C marketplace app which allows people to buy and sell anytime anywhere. They are the first unicorn is Japan and went IPO in Jun 2018. The goal of our client is to build the best engineer teams in the world. Our client is looking for professionals to work in one of the best living cities which will hold the Olympics in the summer of next year.
Backend engineer will be expected to uphold the values “Go Bold” and “All for One” as they work to transform our client systems and organization and contribute to our client's service's growth.
- Strong understanding of the company mission and values
- Knowledge of and experience with software test including unit testing, functional testing, e2e testing
- Knowledge of and experience with optimization of queries and table design for the efficient usage of RDBMS
- Experience with team development using Git/Github or similar version management systems
- Ability to design, develop and operate large-scale services in heavy traffic scenarios
- Experience with project management and/or team leadership
- Experience developing and operating using the microservice architecture
- Experience with on-call support for a service
- Knowledge of web app security
- Experience with development using external APIs such as payment, delivery, etc.
- Experience sharing and contributing to an OSS project
- Experience with scrum
- Middleware: MySQL, Memcached, Nginx, Solr, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Infrastructure: Dedicated servers, Google Cloud Platform
- Other tools/services: Slack, JIRA, GitHub, Circle CI, etc.
- Process: Scrum
Our Ideal Candidate
- Capable of taking on bold challenges and learning from mistakes
- Capable of working independently and taking the initiative to lead the team to success
- Possesses a strong sense of responsibility and works hard to achieve their goals
- Capable of communicating proactively and producing output in a highly global team
What do we offer?
- VISA sponsorship (including family if necessary)
- International relocation package
- Competitive salary as per industry standards
- Other benefits(Transportation, insurance, etc)
Please reach out to me in case this opportunity looks interesting to you, we can plan to have a detailed discussion further.