Senior Web Developer
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The job is based in Tokyo where you will join a small dedicated Software Development team as part of Springer Nature’s digital product development team. You’ll be part of our big community of developers located in Germany, UK and India.
Why we need you
We are looking for skilled and passionate PHP Software Developers to help us build the best products that will help the scientific community to bring science further.
For this particular role we need a Senior Software Developer who will be part of the team extending and maintaining the backend services that ensure correct access to our scientific content.
- You have several years of experience with Software Development.
- You have worked successfully with product teams in the past and ideally have some experience with mentoring junior developers.
- You like working in a collaborative environment where there is collective ownership of the code.
- You work in a Continuous Integration and always strive for Continuous Delivery.
You will join a backend team with different nationalities, backgrounds and experience levels. The team is co-located including the Product Manager but collaborates with various teams across multiple offices around the globe as well as external entities. You will collaborate with all team members in order to deliver the best solutions to maintain and enhance the access to our publishing platforms.
Day to Day responsibilities
As part of an Agile product team, your day to day tasks consist of:
- Taking part of team ceremonies like grooming, planning and retrospective
- Develop new features
- Improve code quality
- Continuously improve and monitor our products
- Monitor new technologies and propose innovations
What do we offer?
- VISA sponsorship
- Competitive salary as per industry standards
- Other benefits (transportation, insurance, etc.)
- One day a week work from home scheme
- Flexible hours
Please reach out to me in case this opportunity looks interesting to you, we can plan to have a detailed discussion further.
We have a **small international development team** in an office with 200+ employees. Our Tokyo office is located in central Tokyo, a short walk from Kamiyacho and Roppongi-Ichome stations and Tokyo Tower.