Thrive Global is changing the way people live through our behavior change platform and apps used to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. As a web engineer on Thrive’s CMS platform team, you will play a significant role in building Thrive’s platform and products. As a Web Engineer that specializes in WordPress, your mission is to design, innovate, and develop the content management system which delivers content to our website and Behavior Change products.
Who We Are Looking For
- An experienced web engineer with a proven track-record of using software development best practices
- An adaptable and results-driven professional with experience navigating product pivots and successfully shipping product
- A problem solver and creative thinker, who takes pride in writing clean, scalable, well-tested codeSomeone with a solid understanding of how web applications work (including security and session management) and how to integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- A professional who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines
- Someone who is energized by the dynamics of a start-up environment, demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness, and high energy to get work done
- A team player who knows how to collaborate and communicate well
How You’ll Contribute
- Work with team lead and other web engineers to code and deliver features, functionality, and fixes quickly and with high quality.
- Work with technology leadership to properly scope features, work with Github, and document work in JIRA.
- 3+ years of industry experience developing products using modern technologies
- Ability to create custom WordPress plugins and themes in PHP from scratch
- Experience with web analytics and ad platforms, including Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with collaborative version control and issue tracking software such and Github and JIRA.
- Experience working on a large-scale system to make it faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with minimal direction.
- Comfortable with taking the initiative to research any software tools or concepts you are not familiar with.
- Willingness to learn and push your skillset forward
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs