Technical Services Manager
Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.) is seeking a Technical Services Manager to add to its growing team.
Why work with us?
- Fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Work in a mostly virtual environment or a coworking location. If you work virtually, be prepared to travel at least once a quarter for face-to-face with the team.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the technical staff, resources and processes required to achieve Interpersonal Frequency’s Purpose in alignment with its Principles and overall strategy. High level areas of responsibility include:
- Software development (staff and function)
- Development operations (DevOps staff and function)
- Technical operations (policy, procedures, processes and tools)
- Hosting operations (operation and maintenance of I.F. hosting infrastructure, related services and staff)
While not primarily responsible for overall coordination or delivery, the Technical Services Manager is responsible for support of and critical contributions to:
- The definition and documentation of I.F. standard products, services and general processes.
- Client management strategy in general and resolution of technical conflicts or issues associated with particular clients.
- Provide team leadership, vision, direction, mentoring and management to geographically dispersed technical staff who design, develop and support I.F. products and services. Responsibilities include hiring, staffing, training, and performance management.
- Collaborate with Solutions Portfolio Manager and Project Managers to plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the technical design, development, and implementation of I.F. client products and services.
- Develop, deploy, integrate, support and enforce technical best practices, standards, tools and processes:
- Identify gaps, improve and maintain team working processes and tools
- Scale technical staff to meet the demands of a growing business
- Ensure that work packages and services are properly implemented not only technically but also in terms of timeliness and care with client interaction
- Identify and exploit opportunities for technical efficiency (e.g. pattern, code reuse or automation) and consistency of technical deliverables
- Provide direction on key project milestones from initiation to delivery and oversee scheduling and organization of interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of projects and products on schedule within budget:
- Lead development of technical systems architecture plans, estimates, costs, and ensure projects meet strategic needs
- Conduct technical team resource planning in support of work scheduling and I.F. growth
- Derive technical work from client requirements
- Monitor technical delivery and resolve issues
- Collaborate with Solutions Portfolio Manager to adjust priorities/work assignments based on new requests, technical issues as they arise or business development-related requests
- Communicate and coordinate with client-facing project managers, account managers, and I.F. management stakeholders
- Manage internal technical I.F. projects and standard maintenance activities (e.g. planned and unplanned activities related to security and optimization updates)
- Coordinate I.F. technical response and troubleshooting activities
- Establish and report on team goals and deliverables monthly
- Act as management authority regarding I.F. technical products and services in client-engagement activities including but not limited to shortlist interviews and kick-offs
- Responsible for technical escalations and related client facing communications support
- Define and manage technical operational process with I.F. third party providers (e.g., Cloudflare)
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- Strong people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and I.F. clients.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust in the team, other internal teams, and clients
- Ability to lead virtual teams in a matrix management environment by focusing on the people
- Ability to challenge, to ask “why” in a collaborative and supportive way
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex issues/projects
- Demonstrated success in working in a highly collaborative team environment and ability to resolve conflict, while fostering a collaborative and communicative environment
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities
- Three to five years experience managing a remote technical team
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, manage and retain geographically distributed technical teams, including performance management
- Seven+ years experience building software-based solutions (strong preference for candidates with Drupal experience)
- Experience working closely with design and project teams throughout the software and infrastructure development life cycle:
- Strong software development, design and architecture experience; commitment to quality demonstrated through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- Strong process orientation and experience integrating tools to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Familiar with the principles of source control (e.g., Git or similar) and deployment strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with senior managers, business partners and clients, and the discernment to sense of when to strongly advocate for a position and when to seek compromise.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills grounded in the attitude that every challenge is an opportunity to improve.
- Available to travel to various locations across the United States
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history and experience and interview(s).
Interpersonal Frequency LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.