bloomon is a fast-growing online-only flower delivery service with a competitive edge. Since launching in 2014, we have become an iconic European flower brand with our innovative business model. Our Amsterdam HQ is home to a diverse team of 80+ high-tech and highly-creative people and growing.
We're looking for a driven Medior Software Engineer to join us. As part of bloomon’s Product and Engineering team, you’ll build the software that powers our business. From scaling up our subscription platform to meet a 10x increase in volume and complexity to forecasting the number of Paradisaeidae needed for next month’s delivery — you’d be surprised at the amount of tech in flowers!
What you can expect
- Your focus is to shape our technical platform and engineering culture as we grow
- Capitalising on opportunities that increase reliability, performance, and real-life efficiency.
- Structure and a tight schedule suit you, but you’re happy to step outside the box to solve operational problems.
- Diligence about improving the codebase
- Working in a team to find the best trade-offs between quality, speed, and scope.
- Working across a variety of projects, including daily operations, improving the product, innovating the core subscription platform and algorithms
- Balancing creative engineering with high quality and a customer focus
- Enhancing the processes that make an effective team: writing good tests, giving and receiving code reviews, writing clear documentation, holding retrospectives, etc.
- Working alongside other developers, product designers, product owners and a broader team of supply chain experts, brand creatives and stylists
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in software development
- Experienced with (relational) databases like Postgresql and MySQL
- You’re experienced in working in an agile environment
- You have good communication skills and are a team player
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Experience with part of our current tech stack:
- PHP, Laravel
- React, Node.js
- Python, Pandas
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker
- You live in the Netherlands
- Fluent in English. Dutch is a bonus
What we offer
- A high level of responsibility, autonomy, and level of impact from day one
- A competitive package and regular compensation reviews — we reward great work!
- Annual allowance for personal development
- Modern work culture: no-meeting Wednesdays, flexibility to work from home, etc.
- Daily buffet lunch, team events and parties on our roof terrace, gym discount, mobile allowance, amazing free flowers and more.