Senior Software Engineer
bloomon is a fast-growing online-only flower delivery service with a competitive edge. Since launching in 2014, we have become an iconic European flower brand with 110k+ customers with our innovative business model. Our Amsterdam HQ is home to a diverse team of 80+ high-tech and highly-creative people and growing.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer. As part of bloomon’s Product and Engineering team, you’ll build the software that powers our business. From scaling up our subscription platform to meet a 10x increase in volume and complexity to forecasting the number of Paradisaeidae needed for next month’s delivery — you’ll be surprised at the amount of tech in flowers!
What you can expect
- Shaping our technical platform and engineering culture as we grow
- Prioritising expertly, communicating clearly, and consistently delivering excellent software engineering skills
- Juggling multiple responsibilities simultaneously and working across a variety of projects, such as the demands of daily operations, improving the product, innovating the core subscription platform and algorithms, which include order generation, delivery management, invoicing, forecasting, customer data and analytics.
- Capability in strong analytics creating innovative operational solutions.
- Brainstorming with the team to find the best trade-offs between quality, speed, and scope
- Diligence about improving the codebase
- Balancing creative engineering with high quality and a customer focus
- Enhancing working habits and processes that make an effective team: writing good tests, code reviews, writing clear documentation, holding retrospectives, etc
- Working alongside other developers, product designers, product owners and a broader team of supply chain experts, brand creatives and stylist.
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in software development
- Strong experience with (relational) databases like Postgresql and MySQL
- Experience of working in an agile environment is a must. Experience in scaling up startups is a bonus.
- You are an expert in communicating effectively and translating requirements into well-designed technical solutions.
- Experience working with large and complex systems
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with part of our current tech stack:
- PHP, Laravel
- React, Node.js
- Python, Pandas
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker
- You live in the Netherlands/EU
- Fluent in English. Dutch is a bonus
What we offer
- A high level of responsibility, autonomy, and level of impact from day one
- A competitive package and regular compensation reviews — we reward great work!
- Annual allowance for personal development
- Modern work culture: no-meeting Wednesdays, flexibility to work from home, etc.
- Mobile allowance, daily buffet lunch, team events, parties on the roof terrace, gym discount, free flowers and more.