Software Engineer - PHP
Do you code in your dreams at night? Are you a zealous student of both the art and science of creating software? Do you love to bring out the technology passions of your teammates in order to collectively bring compelling products to life?
As a Software Engineer at Daxko, you will be responsible for building high-quality software solutions by collaborating with your team.
What is expected out of you...
- You adhere to best practices in software development.
- You deliver high-quality, unit-tested code that follows good coding principles (DRY, readable, maintainable and scalable, etc.)
- You are a positive influence on your associate team members.
- You are an excellent communicator and possess the ability to clearly articulate (verbal and written) technical concepts to your team members with diverse roles.
- You are able to accomplish development tasks with minimal guidance.
- You show high ownership and are self-driven. You're prepared to work hard, but also pause to celebrate inevitable victories.
- You provide support on troubleshooting production systems when issues are escalated with a commitment to excellent customer service.
- You revel in making end-users’ lives better with the software the team produces.
- You participate in team/peer reviews regarding architecture, designs, and code to drive engineering practices and consistency.
- You help deliver as a team, verifying that completed user stories meet business expectations and are backed by automated regression tests.
- You embrace collaboration as a “no ego” team member.
- You work closely with Test Engineering and Technical Operations on continuous delivery progression.
- 3+ years of progressive software development experience.
- Solid experience with PHP and PHP frameworks such as CodeIgniter.
- Solid experience with HTML, CSS, JQuery.
- Solid experience with designing and writing performant API’s.
- Solid experience with good design patterns, dependency injection and MOC frameworks.
- Solid experience with data modeling and database technologies such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostGres.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience writing unit, automated and integration tests.
A plus if you have
- Experience with mobile development (native, phonegap etc..).
- Experience with .NET development.
- Experience with Github.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, which is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.