Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
At Charlin we're leveraging connected home devices and machine learning to build an affordable home solution which will empower the senior to enjoy home longer and will bring a peace of mind to their children. The accessible and smart system, discreetly drawn up in the home of the senior, records the behavioural patterns in the home and learns. Charlin is the first system that watches 24/7 without the necessary intervention of the elderly or a caring person. The system automatically registers and reports via a smartphone application to as many persons as desired, the care circle. By combining the brand, company and values of Belfius, together with an entrepreneurial team, we leverage both the strengths of a bigger organisation with the agility of a startup in this new coporate venture.
We aim to launch in Q4 2019. Are you ready to join this adventure as a CTO? Find out more here below.
Description for this role
- Head of a diverse technical team working on building & improving an IOT software platform & application with a strong data science/machine learning component.
- work closely with the CEO as core member of management team on the company strategy & engineering budget.
- work closely with the product owner to prioritize, scope and manage feature requests/bugs.
- work closely with / lead a team of software developers, hardware engineers and data scientists in an agile environment.
- You are the lead technical solution architect and are responsible for building and delivering a scalable, reliable, secure and maintainable software product.
- You actively keep your eye out for new and emerging frameworks in java script.
- You will join in developing maintainable, scalable, production-ready software.
- You anticipate future improvements and scalability in your code, which means you are able to carry a holistic and complete vision of a product but how to work towards. that vision in a smart way, in order to avoid technical debt.
- You understand the importance of and can guide a team on code quality, including testing, code clarity and documentation.
- You like interacting with people and meeting stakeholders and can explain hard concepts in easy terms.
- Work experience with Front-end technologies such as React Native.
- Work experience with Back-end technologies such as NodeJS and GraphQL.
- Work experience with AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Work experience with NoSQL databases.
- Work experience with Git / Git Flow / CI.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, complemented with a minimum of five years working experience with building software products.
- You speak Fluent English - aside Dutch & French.
- Experience with leading a team of minimum 5 software developers.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands with focus on delivery within deadlines.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
- Hands-on & pragmatic solution driven mentality.
Optional experience (considered a strong plus):
- (Product) startup experience.
- Notions of IOT protocols & firmware.
- Notions of machine learning / data engineering.
- Experience with DevOps.
What can you expect from us?
- A young entrepreneurial start up environment with a lot of ambition.
- Cheerful colleagues with great sense of humor.
- Talent growth possibilities in function of own drive and realizations.
- An attractive full option salary package.
- A great location to work in the middle of sparkling Brussels (all kinds of public transportation nearby).
- Did we mention our tasty interest in good food & after-work drinks?
Acquisition is not appreciated.