Full Stack Developer
Title: Full Stack PHP Developer
Reports To: VP of Product and Technology
Founded in 2009, RootRez provides white label e-commerce software to online travel brands, destinations and event marketing firms, to convert web traffic into online lodging reservations. RootRez powers the lodging booking technology for the Sundance Film Festival, Hotel Association of New York City, Times Square, Liftopia.com, Stay Park City, Alta Ski Area, U.S. Ski & Snowboarding, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, and KSL.com, to name a few. The technology includes a secure and comprehensive management system for hotel inventory, promotions, and reservations. The system is easily customized and offers solutions for enhancing the guest experience, while keeping hotelier costs low.
RootRez is looking for a Full Stack PHP developer to take a key role on our team. Our Full Stack PHP developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development. You will be working alongside various members of our team collaborating on the various layers of infrastructure for our lodging booking technology. This position serves as the critical function of ongoing support and maintenance of the product as well as building new features leveraging various REST API integrations. Successful candidates must be self-starters, able to see the big picture while getting granular about the details.
· Design overall architecture of the web application.
· Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
· Collaborate with the VP of Product & Technology as well as the engineering team to design and launch new features.
· Maintain code integrity and organization.
· Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
· Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
· Highly experienced with PHP and Unit Test Driven Development.
· Integration experience with REST API, JSON, XML
· Write efficient MySQL queries using an ORM + efficient database design.
· CakePHP, Symphony, Laravel or Other large Framework Preferred
· General knowledge of Linux and, specifically, APACHE Web Server.
· Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
· Knowledge of code versioning tools, Github preferred.
What We Are Looking For:
5+ years in a similar role
Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
Knowledge of lodging, travel or hospitality industry preferred, but not required
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, in computer science, software engineering or business
Ability to work in Salt Lake City, Utah
Results driven with a bias for speed and action
Demonstrate leadership qualities
High level of analytical and research skills
Experience with Salesforce, JIRA (or similar project management software) and partner lodging systems (i.e. Sabre, DerbySofty, TravelClick, Inntopia, SiteConnect, ISI Link) is preferred but not required
Comfort in a startup environment with the ability to move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
Wage based on candidate qualifications
Commissions & Incentives
Paid vacation & wellness days
Interested applicants should contact our VP of Product & Technology, Brittany Jonaitis, at [email protected] with their resume & Github URL.