W2 only, no C2C, must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship (both now and in the future)
Our partner in Madison, WI is seeking a Software Engineer! You’d be contributing directly to the partner’s newest product with a highly collaborative team of other developers, while maintaining a focus on cybersecurity. The ideal candidate is looking for a collaborative environment, self-driven, and has a passion for software development. Apply today!
What you’ll do
- Turn user stories into secure, tested, and maintainable code
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Help your team continuously improve by contributing to its tooling, documentation, and coding standards
- Provide occasional support to our customer experience
- Work in self-organizing teams, hold other team members accountable for time and contributions
- Maintain professionalism and respect to customers, coworkers, and stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- Several years of professional experience writing software for the web, work on a SaaS product is a plus
- Working knowledge of one or more dynamically typed, interpreted programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Familiarity with unit and automated software testing
- A basic understanding of web fundamentals: HTTP, TLS, DNS, browsers, etc.
- A mind and eye for security – you should be familiar with most of the OWASP Top 10
- Comfortable working with modern software development tools and practices like Git, Github/Bitbucket, pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts, for example
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with PHP and the modern PHP ecosystem (Composer, PSRs, etc.) a plus
- Practical experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Comfortable working in short development sprints
- Team-oriented, enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Experience with LAMP stack, and experience with PHP or CakePHP is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum is a plus