Senior Web Developer
Learning Forward is a professional association that uses a variety of third-party platforms for email, association management software, website, conference, webinars, communities, etc.
We are looking for someone to help us to maintain our digital presence, ensuring that multiple platforms interact and connect as necessary, improving our system integrity, and guiding our organization in planning and managing our technologies so that they continue to support our upward trend in growth. We are committed to the use of the WordPress environment with multiple plugins and a multisite license.
The ideal candidate will
- Demonstrate a history of successful WordPress site launches and management of critical websites for previous employers or clients.
- Have strong back-end coding credentials as the website needs to work with a number of other platforms seamlessly. UX expertise is a plus but the emphasis for this role is back-end coding.
- Believe in our cause and vision
- Be flexible and able to support a variety of departments in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects and varying priorities
- Always be learning new technologies
- Happily participate as a collaborative team player while receiving input from multiple sources.
- Know when to apply expertise persuasively and when to acquiesce
- Have effective communication skills
- Have a minimum of five years of experience with increasing responsibilities.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Provide guidance for website architectural frameworks and planning
- Ensure system integrity and use of best practices in design, code and security.
- Assume primary responsibility for the integration of AMS database with all web sites and partner portals.
- Support communications, marketing, and technology efforts by creating and modifying appearance and performance of the sites.
- Maintain and streamline operational efficiency of websites, including fixing what doesnt work
- Create technical literature, such as training materials and technology documentation
- Support various teams within the organization with website coding, tech support, and guidance on technology planning
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
- Serve on several internal functional teams to gain full knowledge of the organizations mission, work, and direction so all can be properly reflected in the public websites.
Core skills we will evaluate:
- Able to write integrations between systems
- AJAX, JSON,
- Git or similar version control
- HTML & CSS
- Nginx/Apache LEMP/LAMP
- SQL/MySQL or similar database
- REST and SOAP
- UI/User Interface
- Web Application Firewalls
- WordPress Custom Plugin Development and integration
- WordPress Multi-site Development
- WordPress Theme Development
- WordPress Web Security
- Writing well-designed, documented, testable, and efficient code using best practices
Extra points if you have dabbled in:
- Axios, XML, Ruby on Rails
- BitBucket deployment/integration
- Browser/Device testing
- Frameworks like Bootstrap
- Full-Stack Developer
- Project Management skills
- Responsive, Mobile-first
- SEO, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Site Performance & CDNs
- Vue or React
Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated talent level.
About Learning Forward
Learning Forward is a nonprofit, international membership association of learning educators committed to one vision in K12 education: Equity and excellence in teaching and learning. To realize that vision Learning Forward pursues its mission to build the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning. More information is available at www.learningforward.org.