Front End/WordPress Developer
VSSL is looking for a mid-level, front-end/WordPress developer who can help us bring brands to life. In addition to having strong technical chops, being obsessed with quality and attention to detail, were looking for someone who is a great team player and can hit the ground running.
VSSL designs web-based solutions rooted in expert strategy, user-friendly mentality, and proven technology. We build brands, invent campaigns, and create websites for companies ready to invest in their current internet footprint and expand their digital future. The ideal candidate would help our company grow as well as grow with our team.
- Develop high performance, highly scalable, custom themes and plugin applications for WordPress.
- Detail-oriented with a proven track record of coding pixel-perfect responsive layouts from Photoshop, Illustrator or Adobe XD files.
- Deep understanding of web development technologies.
- Work closely with project managers and designers to develop websites and web applications.
- Strong desire to continue improving skill sets and to stay current on the cutting edge of web development.
- Proven, thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, Adobe Photoshop, CSS grids & frameworks (Bootstrap, Flexbox, etc.)
- A good understanding of PHP objects and classes and also Advanced Custom Fields is a plus.
- Proficient with command line for streamlined development (Git, Gulp, etc.)
- Proficient with CSS preprocessors like SASS.
- Experienced in API integration.
- HubSpot and Pardot experience are a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of technical SEO best practices.
- Developing email templates using frameworks like MJML is a plus.
- Writes clean, well-documented code.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good listening skills and collaborative ability.
- Have an eye and appreciation for design and user experience .
- Can work at a fast-paced company with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Has a get it done attitude and a history of delivering beautiful work over and over again.
Its a great opportunity to make your mark and build your skills. And youll be working with a fun team who was named one of San Diegos Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in both 2018 and 2019! We also offer health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k), flexible hours, paid sick and vacation, free lunch Fridays, fun employee events, an endless supply of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, and weekly happy hours on our awesome deck overlooking the marina.
Want to join the crew? We look forward to hearing from you!