Senior PHP Developer - Backend Engineer
HelloFresh USNew York, NY | Posted: 5 months ago
HelloFresh delivers “cook from scratch” meal plans straight to your door, with easy to follow recipe cards and high quality, pre-portioned fresh ingredients—saving time and money that you can instead spend with your loved ones!
HelloFresh is the world's leading meal kit company and is expanding rapidly. Founded in November 2011, HelloFresh now operates in the U.S., the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada. HelloFresh delivers millions of meals to millions of customers across the globe. and listed in November 2017 at the German Stock Exchange in Frankfurt.
We're hiring Senior Backend Engineers to help kickstart our new development team in NYC. You will work with this new team, as well as our tight-knit engineering team in Berlin, on our collection of APIs and microservices, written in PHP, Golang, and Python.
Our teams are cross-functional, so you'll be rubbing shoulders with frontend, product, UX, mobile, and QA. As a senior member of the team you'll be taking responsibility for our entire platform, its architecture, and our suite of microservices.
What we're looking for:
As we evolve our backend systems towards Microservices and Event-sourced paradigms, our engineers have been increasingly using Go for its speed, concurrency, and low learning curve. Ideal candidates are those who have a background in PHP and a desire to work in both (bonus points for Python, too). We'd also expect an understanding of various design patterns, SOLID principles, and DDD, as well as how and when to use these concepts in PHP and/or Go.
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and non relational (MongoDB) databases
- Testing mindset (unit, integration, & functional) - we're still forming the team in NYC so many of our QA engineers are an ocean away, which means it's up to you to ensure services' stability
- Continuous integration / deployment expertise (we use Concourse CI)
- Prior experience with distributed systems and microservices a big plus (protobuf / gRPC, opentracing)
- DevOps expertise highly desirable (Ansible, statsd/Grafana, Docker, and we are moving to Kubernetes very soon!)
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.