Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
Delivery Hero SEBerlin, Germany | Posted: 6 months ago
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform with various market-leading brands across the globe. We aim to be the simplest and fastest way to your food by providing a rock-solid, customer centric, amazing take away experience.
Since we started our journey in 2011, Delivery Hero has become the world’s largest food-delivery network and we’re focused on a culture of growth, in both size and opportunities.
About the engineering team:
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join one of our international development teams in the heart of Berlin. Each engineering teams owns specific business areas and the relevant products. They closely collaborate with business to bring them to the next level.
If you’re an energetic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure then an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you.
About your role:
You will work on various projects and platform to help restaurants advertising there specific portals. This might be via traditional banners or premium placements but means as well exploring data to offer them helpful insights or other new ways which we will explore together over time.
You are not shying away to build reliable, scalable systems with high concurrency and are always eager to learn new languages & technologies. Your decisions will make an impact since your ideas & efforts do matter.
Eventually you are not afraid to build global systems which are used by thousands of people and constantly drive for excellence.
Your heroic skills:
- Expert knowledge in one modern object oriented language such as Python, Scala or PHP.
- Solid computer science fundamentals like data structures & algorithms, object oriented design and design patterns.
- Familiar with building and using RESTful APIs and other modern webservice technologies.
- Experience with SQL and traditional databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Ability to deliver constantly clean, tested and well documented code.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, fault-tolerant, agile environment on cross-functional teams.
- Solid English communication skill.
- Excited to learn & try out new things.
- You have designed and optimized scalable systems before.
- Knowledge of using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of cloud platform hosting via AWS / GCP as well via terraform / cloudformation / helm.
- Familiar with common monitoring / alerting / logging tools such as Grafana, NewRelic, Icinga, Kibana.
- First experience with Golang.
We offer you:
- Hardware of your choice.
- International working atmosphere and cross-cultural teams.
- Goal oriented environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great career opportunities.
- Education / Conference Budget.
- Refurbished office space with free drinks, cereals & fruit as well table-tennis & kicker.
- Safety of a large company: pension scheme and stability.
- Relocation package and German lessons if needed.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!