Lead Web Developer (PHP/Magento)
XometryLexington, KY | Posted: 4 months ago
Lead Web Developer (PHP / Magento)
Xometry, a fast-growing technology company reshaping manufacturing in America, is looking for a Lead Developer for our Magento ecommerce offering.
To excel at Xometry, you should be excited to work at a high-growth technology company with a culture of opportunities. We’re looking for someone who will take advantage of the opportunity for personal development and increased responsibility that a fast growing company offers. Ideally, you are confident in your abilities, are positive and personable, and always looking for new and creative ways to get things done and serve our customers better.
The position can be based in Xometry’s Bethesda, MD or Lexington, KY office. Alternatively, we are also considering remote candidates in the Eastern and Central Time Zones.
The Lead Magento Developer must possess the expertise and capabilities to implement and execute a Magento 2 store. This is a greenfield project so decisions you make will have a lasting impact on the success of this initiative. Your responsibilities will include application-level security, theming, maintaining extensions, as well as identifying and building custom extensions that interact with third party vendors. This position works closely with the GM of Ecommerce, VP of Engineering, Director of Product Strategy, and members of the development team. You will report to our Director of Engineering.
- Be the technical lead and first line of support for developers on your team
- Be the senior most Magento developer, spending 80-90% of your time actively scoping and developing functionality on the Magento platform
- Work with and build a mentor relationship with the more junior members of your team
- Maintain high performing codebase, complete with automated tests
- Support architecting and estimating new Magento tasks and projects
- Be the leading technical voice for the ecommerce team
- Minimum of 3-5 years PHP web development experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development
- Competent with PostgreSQL or MySQL, having an understanding of how RDBMS systems work at scale
- Thorough understanding of Magento’s code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough experience in customizing Magento’s front-end components
- Thorough knowledge of Magento’s out-of-the-box feature set and configuration
- Built, used, and maintained a local development environment with Docker
- Magento Certification
- Experience in ERP integrations with Magento
- In-depth knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Experience with any of the rest of our stack, outside of ecommerce, (Python, Flask, React, MongoDB)
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Experience with Google Analytics or other data analysis tools
- Experience with A/B testing
Xometry offers its employees:
- Health, Dental & Vision coverage
- Commuter & Dependent Care benefit options
- Paid time off
- Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
- Stock Options
This isn’t the job for you? Maybe you have a friend who would be perfect for it - please share this link with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.