System Administrator Linux
trivago N.V.Düsseldorf, Germany | Posted: 6 months ago
As the world's largest hotel search, it takes a lot of work to keep things running smoothly. When waves of technical problems come crashing down, we need a tech-head who can make sure that our ship stays on course. We're looking for a deckhand to join our pirate ship. Once you've learned how to monitor and maintain our multi-data centre network infrastructure, you will become our navigator guiding us to brighter shores. If this sounds like it's for you, come join our crew.
What you'll do:
- Get the chance to tackle some of the leading software and system issues in a big data environment.
- Troubleshoot reasons for critical malfunctions in complex technical environments.
- Help us to stay one step ahead: you will be encouraged to challenge our current processes and consider what we can do differently.
- Research trends, share ideas and work on projects to help us improve. If your suggestions work on a small scale you will get to see them implemented in 5 data centres on 3 continents.
What you'll need:
- To be an unashamed tech-junkie.
- A good understanding of shell scripting and Linux or UNIX/FreeBSD-based tools.
- The desire to learn about networking, monitoring systems (Nagios/Cacti/Icinga), Apache httpd and Nginx webserver, MySQL and PHP.
- The ability to handle the pressure of big data responsibility and tight deadlines.
- A good enough level of English (our company language) to be comfortable speaking it on a daily basis.
- To be looking to break into the IT industry and seeking the chance to make a difference to the experience of 120 million monthly users.
- To be a born problem solver who is always considering how to do things differently and is able to attempt to solve problems without close supervision.
- A proactive personality: we want someone who will speak their mind, think along with the teams and ask questions.
Life at trivago is:
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- Thriving on a campus that supports your health and happiness with world-class ergonomics, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
What we need you to provide:
In the 'My Experience' step of the application process please upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation letter (including salary expectations)
- For non-EU citizens and if available: a copy of your work permit or visa
Looking forward to hearing from you!