Back-End PHP Engineer
We're looking for a Back-end PHP Engineer to work directly with our Chief Architect on building the first end-to-end software solution for the cannabis industry. Our software currently serves every touch point in the supply chain from wholesale distribution, to in-store point-of-sale, home delivery, consumer marketing, online menu/ordering, and a range of new offerings we're currently in the process of developing. If you have an interest in moving to one of the best outdoor recreation areas in the West, with thriving art/coffee/beer communities, a low cost of living, great schools, and less than four hours from San Francisco, we'd love to have you join us here in Reno, Nevada.
The role itself is a mix of high level strategy/problem solving and super in the weeds coding. The day-to-day specifics will depend on who you are and what types of challenges you’re most interested in.
DAY TO DAY
- Construct flexible back-end architecture that can serve multiple product lines with different customer profiles all from a single core
- Design and build end-to-end solutions encompassing inventory/warehouse management, distribution fulfillment, home delivery, customer acquisition, and e-commerce
- Work closely with other senior engineers on solutions that allow clients to easily make major adjustments to their platform based on an ever-changing regulatory environment
- Build software for a highly specialized industry in a manner that allows for it to be used across a range of different market verticals both within and outside of that industry
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years software development experience working with PHP (including PHP 7+)
- Experience building enterprise applications with the LAMP stack
- Experience working with frameworks such as Laravel, Lumen, and Symfony
- Experience designing and developing highly secured API’s
- Strong understanding of MySQL, database design, and building complex analytical queries
- Passion for Clean Code and Clean Architecture principles
- An interest in emerging web technologies such as GraphQL