Back to Archive
bexio AGRapperswil-Jona, Switzerland | Posted: 4 months ago
This job is expired and may no longer be accepting applications.
Key job duties
- Work together with the external hosting partner to maintain sufficient system capacity, including auto-scaling as required
- Identification of upcoming system requirements to forecast future capacity needs
- Define the right trade-offs and systems architecture to meet bexio’s needs, and translate them into operational requirements for the software engineering team
- Identify repetitive tasks and continuously work on automation and simplification, to reduce operational workload
- Continuously oversee the reliability of bexio; troubleshooting of production issues.
- Implement additional monitoring systems where necessary, to proactively identify faults as they arise
- At least four years of experience in both systems and software engineering in a cloud/ SaaS environment
- Experience of working in collaborative environments with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding fault tolerance and cascading failures as well as ability to define monitoring and alerting needs
- Knowledge of capacity management and planning
- Ability to determine performance requirements and potential bottlenecks
- Ability to write scripts and code in order to reduce toil and simplify work
- You are familiar with managing and diagnosing a modern medium-scale web services architecture based on LAMP and similar technologies, familiar with cloud-services, and are competent in scripting and at least one of Python, Java or PHP
- Confident in English; German is beneficial
- We offer innovative and inspiring working environment
- Working in a friendly team who care about you and your work
- Plenty of opportunities to learn new things
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
This job was sourced from StackOverflow Jobs.