PHP / Web Developer: travel software, website and apps
Swoop TravelBristol, UK | Posted: 7 months ago
Swoop Travel is hiring a web / PHP software developer, advancing the software that enables the travel experience of a lifetime to Antarctica, Patagonia and the Arctic.
Tech is the engine that drives every interaction at Swoop, with both internal and external customers. Building on your strengths and aspirations, you will gain new skills from exciting projects around our three popular travel websites, our CRM and CMS, our adventure planning application and more.
Collaborating on a multi-skilled technical team of seven, you will also be empowered to contribute to key discussions around our technology roadmap, architecture, design, technology choice, tooling and improvement.
It may be that you enjoy a full stack approach, or relish the back end elements, or have been developing content driven websites and seek a new challenge. We will consider you on your individual merit.
You don't need a passion for travel or the great outdoors to join us, but you will likely find our enthusiasm infectious. Above all, we will welcome your fresh thinking and desire to write great software.
Upcoming projects include
- Progressive web application, Swoop's new 'adventure planner'
- Establishing and maturing our software development processes
- Investigating new tooling and libraries
- Helping maintain and advance our environment and services
- Improvement of staff workflow, UI and gamification
- < your idea here >
We are looking for
- Someone who is adaptable, curious, diligent and has good empathy
- Familiarity with PHP - even if this hasn't been your main language
- An openness to using different languages and exploring new technology
- An inclusive, structured and self-motivated approach
- You may be considering junior or mid-level PHP jobs in Bristol such as: PHP Developer | LAMP Developer | Full Stack PHP Developer | Back End PHP Developer | PHP Web Applications Developer | LAMP Web Developer
You may bring new skills or interests to the team, such as
- D3.js, data analysis, animations / SVG
- Responsive web applications or native app development
- Node.js, automation
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
Salary and benefits
- £30,000 - £40,000+ negotiable
- Newly renovated, developer-friendly, working environment | specify your workstation, OS and tools of choice | time off in lieu of development spikes | attendance or participation at tech conferences is encouraged | discretionary training
- Discretionary flexible working (including some remote) – talk with us about what you need
- Company performance-related overseas away days, in Summer 2019 | possibility of an all-expenses-paid overseas 'recce' trip | travel insurance | secure indoor bicycle parking | showers
- Discretionary monthly company performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday and public holidays